The master in the art of living makes little distinction between his work and his play, his labor and his leisure, his mind and his body, his information and his recreation, his love and his religion. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence at whatever he does, leaving others to decide whether he is working or playing. - James A. Michener

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Table Escapes, Eqinox Sun

Nothing signals the turning of the seasons more than a hillside of sunflowers struggling to compensate for the ever diminishing summer sun.
Join me at my table as we bring some of that sunshine inside.





















































12 comments:

Kate Dickerson said...

Another great table from you! I adore those sunflower plates...and the bamboo flatware!

Kate Dickerson said...

Another great table from you! I adore those sunflower plates...and the bamboo flatware!

DearMYRTLE said...

THANK-you for sharing these new table decorations. I can just imagine sitting there, and looking out the huge adjacent windows to the beautiful fall colors in the hillside behind your home.

Love the creativity. Love you.

Anonymous said...

OOOH!...I am new follower,I am blown away with these dishes,WOW,love em'
~JO
~LazyonLoblolly

Lynn said...

A very inviting table! I love your antique roosters!

Tricia said...

My favorite elements are all the square shapes and those great glasses -- and the sunflower design, of course! Lovely!

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

Those sunflower plates are fabulous! The bowl of apples and roosters make nice accessories and the flatware coordinates so well too.

DD

Marigene said...

Those sunflower plates have always been a favorite with me...love the muted blues, yellows and oranges. The roosters are a perfect complement to the plates. Great table!

Tess said...

Elegant barnyard theme!! Everything goes so well together and your square plates are wonderful! Love all the autumn colors!

Entertaining Women said...

The sunflower plates are gorgeous...yummy colors. Your tablescape is so inviting; I want to come for dinner, too! Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

The Tablescaper said...

Great sunflower plates. They so signal the change of the season.

- The Tablescaper

LillyB said...

I love your post! I am now a follower!